Thursday, September 28, 2017

LOVE (notes from a weary heart)



I’m not good at love
But I’m not bad at it either
I show up
I try
Maybe that’s all love is


I’ve hurt people who loved me
I’ve loved people who hurt me

Love and hurt seem to

Go hand in hand





Love is hard
An ambiguous art

Where does it live in me?
I can’t find it

It’s a lost continent
Among so many warring 
Places, inside




It has something to do with the color green



And a few times I have
Felt it arrive from nowhere
Most recently,
Outside a hospital gift shop











Love is not magnificent
Like a cathedral
Which cannot be God’s Love

Because I don’t believe
Love can be that big
It seems to work small














No one knows what it is
Everyone knows what it’s not

Not hate
Not killing
Not violence

Not screaming/hitting
(We tell the sandbox kids)


Little boy playing in the sand

I want to study love

And I tell myself I do
But what is there to learn?
More like, how much is there to unlearn?










I wish love could be large
I wish it could be contagious

Like war and
Like viruses

Unstoppable


Romance, Valentine, Together, Couple


Cathy Larson Sky      September, 2017


4 comments:

richard said...

I enjoyed reading this Cathy. Though it is kind of sad, in a truthful way.

joann hodshon said...

BRAVO!! This is so beautiful, and so true, for me
Thank you for sharing these precious and personal,
and yet universal, thoughts and feelings
With love,
Jo Ann

Unknown said...

I really, really like this Cathy! I like your line spacing, too. Love has to be one of the most overused words in the English language. You nailed it.

Mendy (Hillpoet) said...

Excellent thoughts on love and the pics were great and right on target in as far as matching the stanzas. Well done, Cathy. I hope to see more and perhaps you will inspire me to return to my own blog as well. Thank you. Mendy